The goal: Earn a backlink by publishing your content on someone else's website.
The plan: Save them work by creating content and researching keywords for them. This content should benefit their readers, grow their SEO traffic, and even better, be monetizable.
How to achieve this:
- Be proportional. Higher-authority websites demand higher-quality content. You can always outsource the creation of this content to an expert freelancer, so you are not limited by a lack of expertise.
- Keyword research. Propose content based around keyword opportunities that genuinely add value and grow their traffic. A great way to do this is to scan their competitors for content ideas not yet covered by the Recipient.
- Quality control: Please do NOT send generic, vague, spammy applications. We want our Recipients to only receive high-quality applications, that is why they have the ability to block you, which may result in your account being demoted.
- Struggling for content ideas? Ask yourself: What kind of content are they missing? What are their competitors doing better? What complements their existing articles? What would benefit their readers the most? You can even ask them in the comments.
- This is just a proposal, you do not need to create any content until the Recipient has accepted your application.
- It can be useful to show them other quality articles you've published before, whether on your website or somewhere else.
- Producing content that they can monetize creates an enormous incentive for them to accept your guest post. Common monetization methods include Display Ads, Affiliate marketing, and creating your own product.
1. For a personal blog focused on cosmetics, something like a "Top 10 unhealthy ingredients to avoid" article could be valuable to their readership.
2. For a website based on reviews and comparisons, review a product that has an affiliate program they can monetize. Talk about its pros and cons, compile other people's reviews, examine the company's track record, alternatives and risks, what makes it different, etc.
3. For a self-help blog that sells courses and coaching programs, examine their competitors and propose content that expands on the topics they are focusing on. Adding depth to their site can result in a credibility increase, hence more sales.
4. For an online store that sells car parts, suggest an article that explains how to increase the longevity of an electric vehicle. Inform the owners of how this SEO-optimized article could pull thousands of clicks from Google, resulting in more people placing orders.